This week in AI & Machine Learning: Robotics in agriculture, making fairer AI, zapping mosquitoes, evolution of medical imaging, TensorFlow 2.5.0, semi-supervised learning, 4D panoptic LiDAR segmentation, and more!
If you’re interested in learning about computer vision or building labeled datasets for computer vision applications, checkout my two upcoming events in April: Data Annotation for Computer Vision & AI-Powered Labeling & Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets. I hope to see you there!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- AppHarvest acquires ag robotics and artificial intelligence company Root AI to increase efficiency ← The AI & agriculture space continues to grow! Checkout some interesting agriculture use cases we work with!
- Facebook is trying to make AI fairer by paying people to give it data
- AI helps zap mosquito larvae before they become a problem “IBM Watson AI XPRIZE showcases the ‘art of the possible’ when the power of AI is unleashed to help address some of society’s toughest challenges”
- ‘Deep Nostalgia’ Uses AI to Make Old Photos of Your Relatives Wink, Nod, Dance, and More
- Artificial intelligence can now design new antibiotics in a matter of days
- Computer Vision and the Evolution of Medical Imaging
- Manufacturers embrace robots, the perfect pandemic worker
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- TensorFlow 2.5.0-rc0 Release ← a fair amount of new features released in tensorflow 2.5.0.
- OpenCV Face detection with Haar cascades
- What Is Semi-Supervised Learning
- Speedy Model Training With RAPIDS + Determined AI
- Working on Natural Language Processing (NLP) With PyTorch
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Text Classification using GPT2 and Pytorch (Apr 9–9:30am PST)
- Data Annotation for Computer Vision (Apr 14–5:30pm PST) “Learn computer vision data annotation techniques for object detection, instance segmentation, classification, and feature point clustering.”
- Accelerate Analytics and AI with Graph Algorithms (Apr 21–23)
- PyTorch Ecosystem Day (Apr 21–8:00am PST)
- The Applied ML Summit (Apr 21–9:00am PST) “This is a two-day, free virtual interactive event on data engineering for applied machine learning.”
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (Apr 28–5:30pm PST): ← I’ll be teaching this, so come say hi!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Streaming Self-Training via Domain-Agnostic Unlabeled Images
- 4D Panoptic LiDAR Segmentation
- Forecasting Characteristic 3D Poses of Human Actions
- Leaving Goals on the Pitch: Evaluating Decision Making in Soccer
- An Empirical Study of Training Self-Supervised Visual Transformers
- Multiview Pseudo-Labeling for Semi-supervised Learning from Video
- Group-Free 3D Object Detection via Transformers
- Towards General Purpose Vision Systems
🤝 Connect with AI practitioners of all levels
- Stay connected with artificial intelligence and machine learning practitioners around the world! Slack Group | LinkedIn Group